American Idol 12 Enter To Win Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WPGH viewing area, and be an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media I, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WPGH (the “Station”), WPMY, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Neighborhood Ford Stores, FOX Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, FOX Interactive Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Management, 19 TV Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., CORE Media Group Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per IP address.
(b) To enter, log onto www.wpgh53.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, agree to like both FOX 53 and Neighborhood Ford Store Facebook Pages and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Print Alternative: Hand print your name, address, phone number, and birth date on a postcard and mail it to Idol Flyaway 2013, FOX 53 – 750 Ivory Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15214.
(c) The contest starts on April 2, 2013, and all entries must be received by Station by 5p.m. EDT on April 30, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) One (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive one (1) trip for two (2) to the May 2013 American Idol Finale Results show held in Los Angeles, California on Thursday, May16, 2013. The trip package includes: two (2) tickets to the American Idol Finale Results Show, three (3) nights hotel accommodations, one room, double occupancy and roundtrip airfare, economy class, for two (2) from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles International Airport (departing Tuesday, May 14 and returning on the Friday, May 17,, 2013). The trip package does not include any meals, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, other transportation, other hotel, or any other expenses. The trip package is valued at one thousand six hundred dollars ($1,600.00). The value for the tickets to see the American Idol shows cannot be determined. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the ticket portion of the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor. The winner’s guest to the American Idol show must be at least 6 years old.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within two (2) days or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of notification, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any ninety (90) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Media I, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Media I, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media I, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WPGH, 750 Ivory Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15214 and on the Station’s website at www.wpgh53.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WPGH, 750 Ivory Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15214 by Tuesday, April 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Media 1, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Neighborhood Ford Store, FOX Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, FOX Interactive Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Management, 19 TV Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., CORE Media Group Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.